Willkommen, Gast
Username: Password: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: Training all openings

Training all openings 9 Jahre 5 Monate ago #121

I used CPT for a while, took a 1-2 year break from chess, and now seem to have forgotten how to use CPT. (Or something changed in CPT 5.)

I'm trying to go through all scheduled positions from all openings. Section 6.2.1 of the manual is trying to tell me how. "6.2.1 Recall all Selects all scheduled positions or tabiyas of any opening or topic."

However, I don't have a "recall all" button in the Selection field. I have Only New, Only Scheduled, Only Learned, Systematic, Random, Photo Reading.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re: Training all openings 9 Jahre 5 Monate ago #122

I just installed version 5.04, which fixed the problem.

Training all openings 9 Jahre 5 Monate ago #125

"Using CPT to train all openings"

What do you use then? A databse you created yourself with "all openings" or you imported "all openings" from opening database.

Im curious how to do this "all openings". I wanna do this, perhaps for the same or simular reason like you and only later build my own reportoire after I have got this fundament in Place.

Looking forward to your reply.

Training all openings 9 Jahre 5 Monate ago #134

These are openings that I entered myself, one move at a time. Naturally, this is a very slow process! (Most of the time is simply designing my repertoire - entering them into CPT is the easy part.)

Training all openings 9 Jahre 5 Monate ago #135

What was the source of the info you 'manually entered'?

'all opening'...what do you mean - every ECO?

Training all openings 9 Jahre 5 Monate ago #136

My database of ~1600 moves is a nearly complete repertoire. As I play e4 as white and 1. d4 d5 as black, so there is absolutely no information about 1. d4 Nf6. My repertoire is split into about 30 openings.

My data source is a mix of opening books and opening databases - my opening philosophy is "play main lines and learn a moderate amount of theory" which is supported very well by standard reference materials. I have a (physical) book on the Najdorf with a 50 page chapter on the English Attack. My CPT "Najdorf - English Attack" opening has only 85 positions, because only a tiny fraction of my book is worth memorizing at my level. (I'm USCF 1850, and I know more about openings than most people of my rating.)

For a database example, my white repertoire against Philador's Defense consists of 13 moves - it comes from poking around a database, seeing what moves score well in master games, while also trying to get a set of moves that fit together in a logical way. (In this case, "play Qd2 -> O-O-O against normal moves in the Philador.") When setting up an opening, the depth to go in each line is always a decision without an obvious right answer. CPT doesn't help me make these decisions - it helps me remember what I decided so I don't have to revisit my conclusions.
  • Seite:
Time to create page: 0.509 seconds