Willkommen, Gast
Username: Password: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: Training all openings

Training all openings 9 Jahre 4 Monate ago #148

I find this Jehova Strategy to "play main lines and learn a moderate amount of theory" very easy in a good sence!

I find out that Andoid App Chess Reportoire (chessrepertoire.com/) says the same ”We have created opening reportoire based on main line as white. All you have to do is to choose 1.e4, 1.d4 or 1.Nf3/1.c4. With black you choose your defence against the same moves and also as black we have choosen main lines”

But I do prefere to choose my lines according to what I like rather than to what some books says regardless of how well a move score in master games or according to oracle Houdini engine or whatever. Ofcourse I would be dump to not look at the sources but in the end I want to build an opening reportoire that is according to my likings and put together both in a logical and intresting ways.

I want to ask people at this forum about the depth to go in each line? Yes, we have no right or wrong answer. It depends on what one want. As I see it one wants to have an opening reportoire with moves that are posible to be played in a lifetime. Sounding dumb, I know. But I have no other way to describe this but let my try again...

I want to cut of each line at the time when going further in these lines would be to go to deeply into this line then one has bigger holes to fill in other opening variations. Im talking about I Quot comparing number of moves (you can see them in Complexity function) between openings. But... its also a reason why some openings gets played more often. So one cant have a fixed Quot.

The tools Im thinking about to use is a big database like Mega Database (from Chessbase). Also I bee afraid of going deeper at the time we have less than 100 moves played in the position. This is also a way to define the cut of point. At the start even less than 1.000 moves in pos. Would be a signal to cut.

Thanks for listening! Looking forward to replay.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Training all openings 9 Jahre 4 Monate ago #150

1. What is your rating?
2. How long have you been playing?
3. What is your age?
4. How many OTB tournaments do you play a year?
5. What openings/defenses do you tend to play?

Seriously, those are the things one would need to point you in the right direct.
FYI - I have been in the 2000-2150 range for the past 20 yrs.

Training all openings 9 Jahre 3 Monate ago #179

leavenfish schrieb:
What was the source of the info you 'manually entered'?

'all opening'...what do you mean - every ECO?

I think what he meant was that in the selection window, if you chose "All Scheduled", then all of your openings will be trained at the same time rather than just the one you selected in the repertoire list. See manual p 89-90.

If you only want to train on the one opening you selected in the repertoire list, then choose "only scheduled". This was confusing for me because the button should read "Only scheduled for the one opening you selected". Of course, this is too long for a button label but it took a careful reading of page 89 and fooling around with the training selection options to figure that out.

rj

Training all openings 9 Jahre 2 Monate ago #186

Was that 5 Q for me or?

Training all openings 9 Jahre 2 Monate ago #199

Tayiyas,

It was a message to Leavenfish. However, I see that Jevoha answered the question a couple of post later so my post is irrelevant. sorry.
  • Seite:
Time to create page: 0.645 seconds