Willkommen, Gast
Username: Password: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: using cpt with dgt board

using cpt with dgt board 9 Jahre 8 Monate ago #62

i'd really liek to use a dgt board to practice openings rather than staring at ascreen all day. i have cpt 4 and am willing to run it using the dgt board but i can't figure out how to do it. does nayone have any experience with that?

thx
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re: using cpt with dgt board 9 Jahre 8 Monate ago #67

Yes - I use it frequently. Firstly, do you have a DGT Board? If so it should be a simple plug and play. Make sure the board is connected to the right port or Bluetooth connection - use the Board Tester screen to verify. Make sure the DGT Board is enabled on CPT. . If you start hearing the usual bleeps and "King e8" sounds it's a promising sign! I have CPT4.1.1 version for use on my laptop which successfully uses the board. Stefan says there is an issue on CPT5.04.
Happy to help further if I can.
Regards
Dave

Re: using cpt with dgt board 9 Jahre 8 Monate ago #77

for which part of your CPT work do you actually use the DGT board, Dave?

Entering repertoire lines with lots of variations and subvariations makes probably little sense with a DGT board, right? So I assume you use it for reviewing/training, is that true?
You probably don't use the "Start with matching position" option in order to always start with a full board, right? Or do you actually set up the different starting positions on your DGT? I am really curious if using a DGT board isn't slowing the training down too much?!

Thanks,
Torsten

Re: using cpt with dgt board 9 Jahre 8 Monate ago #78

Hi Torsten

You are correct I use the board for the training and starting at the beginning. For me, I try and treat the training like a proper game, over the board (which it is :) ) and it tends to cut out my habit of playing any move because it's not a real game! So you do concentrate more. With full random training you do feel as though it's a proper game.

The board has to be in sync with the screen and you will quickly get used to the subtle dink or beep when it is not in sync. So for example you will get a beep if you make the wrong opponent's move and you have the advantage that the computer will announce your opponent's move. You hear a little dink when you bring it back into sync. This is helpful with Internet games as you will inadvertently play the wrong opponent's move, so you quickly get a warning. You concentrate on the board not the computer screen.

It is possible to use the board for input, but in practice you would probably not do so. This is because in order to back track to the start of the new variation you have to get the board in sync with the CPT screen and therefore not worthwhile. It obviously does not work for the recall positions. That said I have used it to set up King and pawn ending training.

I will use the 2D screen for lots of training because, yes, only using the board would seriously slow you down. The board is an extra option which for me improves the quality of the training (and indeed the internet games) when I want it. As with all things what is right for one is not right for another. See, if I took more care when facing a 2D screen I would have less need for the board - but alas I do not :( .

Best regards

Dave

Re: using cpt with dgt board 9 Jahre 8 Monate ago #79

yes i do have a dgt board and i have version 4 of cpt. do i just click on the visuals and sound section and then click on "dgt support"? when i do that nothing really happens. should the rabbit plugin popup at that time?
thx

Re: using cpt with dgt board 9 Jahre 8 Monate ago #80

Thanks, Dave.

I asked because I've just ordered a DGT board myself. Aesthetically I very much prefer playing "over the board" to playing using a computer screen - will be playing 15/10 (or longer) games online with it.
Since I'm quite new to CPT and only have version 5 I will not (be able to) use the DGT board there. Or I had to install version 4 as well, if both can coexist on one machine and can share repertoire.
  • Seite:
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds