Willkommen, Gast
Username: Password: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: using cpt with dgt board

Re: using cpt with dgt board 9 Jahre 8 Monate ago #81

emraldape2 schrieb:
yes i do have a dgt board and i have version 4 of cpt. do i just click on the visuals and sound section and then click on "dgt support"? when i do that nothing really happens. should the rabbit plugin popup at that time?
thx
Hi, I do not think any plug in window is required to pop-up. I guess what you are experiencing is the fact that you make the move on the board and nothing happens on screen with CPT? If so, this suggests that the board is not properly connected to either a port or bluetooth. Close CPT (safest) then fire up the Board Tester and the on-screen board will probably be empty. Select the Connect tab and locate a port/bluetooth (e.g. COM4) and press the search option. This should locate your board. Reload CPT. Hopefully it will register. As mentioned before I am not always sure whether the DGT board is enabled because I do not know whether the CPT Icon is telling me it is on or off. Ocassionally my board does not register and I select the icon and then it does :) .
Sometimes I have had problems if I am using the board on say ICC or playchess then when I load CPT the board is not recognised. I simply shutdown the computer and that solves the problem.
Hope this hepls - I can probably get screenshots if that helps.
Regards
Dave
Letzte Änderung: 9 Jahre 8 Monate ago von DaveF.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re: using cpt with dgt board 9 Jahre 8 Monate ago #82

HorseBadorties schrieb:
Thanks, Dave.

I asked because I've just ordered a DGT board myself. Aesthetically I very much prefer playing "over the board" to playing using a computer screen - will be playing 15/10 (or longer) games online with it.
Since I'm quite new to CPT and only have version 5 I will not (be able to) use the DGT board there. Or I had to install version 4 as well, if both can coexist on one machine and can share repertoire.
Enjoy :)
I always use the board for longer time control games - minimum 15/0. Anything faster than that and you are seriously handicapped. With 15/0 or even 30/0 expect to lose games on time, unless you are very strong. There is an overhead to having to make your opponent's move. But that is our choice, so don't complain :) . It's great for the 45/45 ICC league or 90/30 games. I am not sure if you can have both v4 and v5 on the same machine (I suspect you can).. I had v4 on both my laptop and desktop. When I installed v5 I only put it on the desktop and then when I found I could not use the Board I deliberately left the laptop at v4.
The v4 files are not compatible with v5 as v5 updates the v4 files. Therefore you could not go from v5 back to v4. Personally this has not been a major issue for me as yet but as I hope to make good use of some of the new features in v5 then it may become so. Hopefully we can badger Stefan a little to raise it higher on his to do list :) .
Best regards

Dave

using cpt with dgt board 9 Jahre 5 Monate ago #131

Lasker once recomended to sit on your hands so you not do bad moves
I try to remove my hand from screen/mouse in order to not do moves

using cpt with dgt board 8 Jahre 4 Monate ago #364

I can't find the DGT Support button under Visuals and Sound (running 5.04 on Windows 10). I try to configure the ribbon to show it, and I see it as an option to select, but when I try to add that element to the ribbon, nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated!
  • Seite:
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds