Willkommen, Gast
Username: Password: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: Exchanging repertoires

Exchanging repertoires 9 Jahre 8 Monate ago #55

Hello,
I have seen discussions in the past about making CPT repertoire files available for other users. However, in my view this defeats the object of CPT which I believe is to build, learn and understand your own repertoire that meets your style of play. It's unique to you. For me this would be like repeating the mistakes of the past with CPT. By this I mean, for example importing an ebook then trying to learn it. That does not work efficiently for me because I get trained in lines I do not understand. Consequently, I import the ebook in manageable stages. Then based on games played I try and extend my repertoire, using the ebook data if possible.
Anyway, just my views and any comments welcomed.
Regards
Dave
Letzte Änderung: 9 Jahre 8 Monate ago von DaveF.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re: Exchanging repertoires 9 Jahre 8 Monate ago #60

I second that.
I guess people could 'exchange repertoires', but what is good 'for one' may not be good for 'another'....and then there is the quality of what someone you do not know had done. It may be poor. It's best to do your own, customizing it for YOUR needs/style.

Re: Exchanging repertoires 9 Jahre 7 Monate ago #95

I get your Point DaveF and also agree for the most part of it but not to the extent that I invent the Wheel again when I rather can look at what others have invented Before. For me that is that if I want an opening reportoire book I find intresting I can read or even buy it and that holds the same for digital books, paper books, chess database, fritztrainers or what you have? So why not in CPT format? I dont have to read it! But I have the option! Get my Point?

Re: Exchanging repertoires 9 Jahre 7 Monate ago #98

I also agree with Dave F.
I build my own repertoire suitable for me...everyone should do the same. Besides...(and not saying you) people can be lazy. It's the human condition I guess.

Re: Exchanging repertoires 9 Jahre 7 Monate ago #100

Tabiyas schrieb:
I get your Point DaveF and also agree for the most part of it but not to the extent that I invent the Wheel again when I rather can look at what others have invented Before. For me that is that if I want an opening reportoire book I find intresting I can read or even buy it and that holds the same for digital books, paper books, chess database, fritztrainers or what you have? So why not in CPT format? I dont have to read it! But I have the option! Get my Point?

Hi Tabiyas
I get your point exactly; CPT is just another media that you should use to your advantage. That’s the beauty of it – there is no right or wrong way to use it. It is an interesting idea: one of not using the repertoire to train on; but using the ideas to see if you want to incorporate them into your own repertoire.
Interestingly though – who would share their repertoire? I wouldn’t for a couple of reasons. Firstly I wouldn't be confident enough to suggest it is solid enough. Secondly I am not sure I would want fellow players knowing what I play. I need to make the best use of every little advantage – not give them away! Actually if you would all stop using CPT (only joking Stefan). :)
Fortunately chess players do share their ideas for which I am very grateful – I too would offer advice but with my grade the best advice would be not to listen.

Kind regards

Dave
Letzte Änderung: 9 Jahre 7 Monate ago von DaveF.

Re: Exchanging repertoires 9 Jahre 7 Monate ago #101

I know I put a LOT of work into mine...constantly tweaking. Frankly, I am not going to 'give' it to anyone. I really doubt if I would sell it either (okay...EVERYONE has their price). I am perfectly happy to give tips or tell what I do with regards to using CPT...that's what this forum is for.

I do believe that one gets out of something what the put into it. Which is often why people don't get much better at chess - they really don't want to put much into it. Just a word to the wise.

Frankly, if you just want a ready made 'book', go on to one of those computer chess forums (Rybka forum for example) and people will point you to all sorts of 'books' that are pretty good as is...you can download and tweak to your hearts content.
  • Seite:
Time to create page: 0.609 seconds