Willkommen, Gast
Username: Password: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: pgn-files

pgn-files 7 Jahre 4 Monate ago #587

Hallo,

my name is Mathias and i am from Germany.
I am using CPT 5.04

If you wish to import games (pgn-files) to build an opening repertoire you have to import pgn-files with 5.000 or more games.
for example www.pgnmentor.com/files.htmlare
See the Article : 'What is the best way to build a chess opening repertoire?

Last year i have written a programm to filter pgn-files. This because some
pgn - collections are too big for easy use to load this files into CPT.

With my program you can filter your preferred variants of any openings before loading this files into CPT. This saves time and nerves.(notation - second part of pgn-file)

an example : if you load from the upper site the file vienna.pgn you get
a file with 231.696 rows and 12.556 games.
if you filter the file with '1.e4 e5 2.Nc3 Nf6 3.g3'
you get only 38.995 rows and 2032 games. If you filter again with 3... Bc5 you get 12.183 rows and 633 games and so on !

You can also filter the pgn-files alphabetically or numerically in the
first part of an pgn-file (metadaten).

Before and after filtering you get a small statistic about 'win','lose'
and 'remis' games for black- and white-Player in numeric and graphic output.

Another small tool is to play again a chess-match from any pgn-file.

This program is absolute free and with no warranty,especially for CPT-user.

If anyone who is interesting he can write to ' Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt! Zur Anzeige muss JavaScript eingeschaltet sein! '.

Mathias
Anhang:
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

pgn-files 7 Jahre 4 Monate ago #588

Here is my file until now.
All openings are in it in depth except the Sicilian that is in progress.

Please let me know if you interested in the file when completed and let me know what you think about it in the current status.

www.mediafire.com/file/724c2tkhuyzkr8i/ABSOLUTE_MAIN_LINES.CPT

greetings and a happy new year,

Albert

pgn-files 7 Jahre 4 Monate ago #589

Hallo, many thanks for Your answer.

But unfortunately I could'nt load Your CPT-file.
The reason should be possible a different database-version.

By the way, I did'nt understand what your CPT-file will do e.g. are there the
most popular ore common openings inside your Database? And till what depth?

I wish you a happy new year, Mathias

pgn-files 7 Jahre 4 Monate ago #590

To give you an example of how deep the opening-lines are i have created today the lines with : 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cd4 4.Nd4: Nf6 5.Nc3 a6 6.Bg5

I hope this file give you an idea how deep the lines are. The more important lines ( the famous Qb2: in the Najdorf can easily be over 40 plies or deeper.

www.mediafire.com/?nih00ollyu8236b

please give some feedback what you think of the file.

greetings and a happy New Year,

Albert

pgn-files 7 Jahre 4 Monate ago #591

Well, for me, I'm just not sure what you are trying to do really or why you would need to spend time manually entering it. But my understanding really doesn't matter...I'm sure you have your own valid reasons.

I do know that with Chessbase one can take an opening...use 'livebook', pick the top (however many) branches after each and every move and thus 'build' their own Opening Book.

So, what do I think about it? I think...it's a pgn tree. I'm not sure what you mean. What I presume you would do is take the file and have CPT look at the end positions for evaluation? In that sense, it looks like a perfectly good file.

pgn-files 7 Jahre 4 Monate ago #593

I am using this indeed to check the evaluations of the end-positions to build my chess repertoire.

The problem when using the chessbase live-book is that you can get very weird results.
Examples :
1.e4 e5 2.d4 cd4: 3.Nc3?? the live)book gives 3...Nf6 as the top-line with 3...d6 as second. Everybody would play dc3: of course.

1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 ed4: 4.Nc3 the livebook gives again 4...Nf6 as the top-choice. Again everybody would play 4...dc3:.
I think that the chessbase livebook gives as top-choice the moves that leads to the most played positions which is something else than the best moves in the position.

This is one of the reasons that i don´t like to build a repertoire with the livebook feature.
Another reason is that if you have build you're repertoire with the livebook and the evaluation of an end-positions changes you have to find manually all transpositions leading to that end-position to reevaluate them. With CPT you can just let the program adjust all the relevant lines.

Also importing PGN-files which is an option to quickly get a CPT-base for a certain opening has disadvantages. The major disadvantage is that you can´t prevent importing stupid lines. Same (stupid but clear) example, when a game contains 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 ed4: 4.Nc3 i don´t need that line 20 moves deep in my CPT-file. Just 4...dc3: would have been sufficient. So when importing a large PGN-file one gets a CPT-file with many lines that nobody needs.

Hopefully this helps people understand why i prefer my method. Although i agree it is time-consuming to set it up.
If somebody wants to help me with my project please send you´re remarks or file to me and i will check it before importing it of course.

greetings,
Albert
Time to create page: 0.682 seconds