Willkommen, Gast
Username: Password: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: How to change the starting point of an existing variation?

How to change the starting point of an existing variation? 7 Jahre 4 Monate ago #606

Hi folks,

in the repertoire module, how can I change the starting point of an existing variation? Right now, most of my variations start with the standard starting position. Instead, I want the Winawer variation, for example, to start with the position where the black bishop is already on b4.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards Axel
Letzte Änderung: 7 Jahre 4 Monate ago von axelda.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

How to change the starting point of an existing variation? 7 Jahre 4 Monate ago #607

axelda schrieb:
Hi folks,

in the repertoire module, how can I change the starting point of an existing variation? Right now, most of my variations start with the standard starting position. Instead, I want the Winawer variation, for example, to start with the position where the black bishop is already on b4.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards Axel

Not sure...but for 'training' you could try using ...Bb4 as a Tabiya

How to change the starting point of an existing variation? 7 Jahre 4 Monate ago #608

Not sure...but for 'training' you could try using ...Bb4 as a Tabiya

but I don't want to create a new tabiya for all the existing variations that I want to change.

How to change the starting point of an existing variation? 7 Jahre 4 Monate ago #609

Go to the key position in the repertoire module. Then create a new repertoire element called "Variation" and name it "Winawer". This works like a bookmark. If you go to the training module you can select the French opening or the variation Winawer. The latter will always show you the variation and position you "bookmarked". Not all training options are available if you select a variation. Once you have a trained a position it is also considered for recalls if you just select the French opening. The repertoire element really is just a bookmark and does not store its own moves, positions or training scores. They are all maintained in the opening to which the variation belongs.

How to change the starting point of an existing variation? 7 Jahre 4 Monate ago #610

Thank you very much! Your answer made my day :)
Time to create page: 0.459 seconds