Willkommen, Gast
Username: Password: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: In training, software doesn't follow second or third best line if I make that move

In training, software doesn't follow second or third best line if I make that move 8 Jahre 2 Monate ago #400

First, Is there a way to turn off the "You have 29383 positions to learn today." I don't want to use the scheduled learning features at all. When I train, I mainly want to use the random settings.

Second, I'm not sure if this behavior is by design or not. I have created an opening repertoire called "First two common moves black" and, like it sounds, it covers the first two opening moves I would use for the common opening moves by white.

On an opening such as 1. e4, my top black move is a Sicilian (1. .. c5), followed by several white & black potential responses. In addition, my second best move is a King's Pawn Game (1. .. e5), followed with common white & black responses (e.g. 2. Nf3 Nc6).

In training mode, if I select "Top Ranked Move", I am only allowed to respond with the Sicilian, which is expected behavior. But if I select "All Best Moves", while it will allow me to respond with e5, instead of having white respond with Nf3, it re-configures the board as if I had responded with c5 and then presents a white response to a Sicilian defense.

In other words, if I have "All Best Moves" enabled, while it will allow me to make the second or third best move, it doesn't present me with the next white moves for that line.

Is this by design, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

In training, software doesn't follow second or third best line if I make that move 8 Jahre 1 Monat ago #414

Bump for visibility.

Also, I have another question. I >>LOVE<< using the Engine Output window to analyze positions to decide which move I would add to my opening line. Because I am a novice, I usually let the Engine go 15 moves deep, and stop it. I then click to copy the CE into the candidate moves list, and look at the options.

If I do not stop the engine, and walk away, it will continue running forever. I frequently end up going back to using my PC and find it's sluggesh because the CPU is running at 99% with stockfish taking up 95% of it. Not only is this annoying, but it is a waste of power consumption.

I have tried all variations of the settings in Engine Options, setting the Max. Time to 30 seconds. Limit analysis to a depth of 5 and 15. Full moves to check 15.

Here is a copy of my current settings: i.imgur.com/DVHoCoO.png

Please, any chance you could let me know how to set the analysis engine to go off after a certain time would be appreciated!!

Thanks!
Anhang:
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
Time to create page: 0.488 seconds