Willkommen, Gast
Username: Password: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Working with both positions and tabiyas with the scheduler

Working with both positions and tabiyas with the scheduler 8 Jahre 10 Monate ago #232

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating CPT, and I have entered most of my opening repertoire (from a book, with a few minor updates and changes).

I am really impressed with the scheduler, and can see how it will help me memorise the lines. Since I don't know some of the lines I have been having CPT demo the lines, then I move for white or blck through the opening and variations (I assume that is what is meant by "tabiya")

What I would like, however, is having done so, for CPT to show me random positions from the openings I have scheduled, but it appears that one I run through the tabiya, they disapear from the sechedule and can not run them a second time as positions. I know I can reset scores, but I don't want to reset the entire thing.

It is possible to do what I would like?

Kind Regards,

Shaun Lewis.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Working with both positions and tabiyas with the scheduler 8 Jahre 10 Monate ago #235

Hi Shaun,

thanks for trying CPT. Yes, this is possible. CPT offers many ways to train your openings.

First of all: tabias and topics are used in a different context. If you create a set of puzzles, end game positions or key positions of an opening they are collected in topics and each of these units (can be just one position and candidate move or complete variations) is a tabia.

Now to your original question. You have to change the position selection in the respective ribbon group. You can focus just on new positions, already learned, scheduled or go through your complete opening in a systematic way.

I recommend to check the manual and here the sections 3.4 "Training your repertoire" and 6 "Training Module". They provide an overview about the methodology behind the scenes.

Please note that this is not an official support forum. It offers CPT users a way to help each other and share best practices. If you want to receive a guaranteed feedback, please create a ticket in the support section. I'm not monitoring this forum very closely always.

Thanks,
Stefan
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
Time to create page: 0.482 seconds