Willkommen, Gast
Username: Password: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: The new ">1 candidate move" ability to sweep all positions

The new ">1 candidate move" ability to sweep all positions 8 Jahre 1 Monat ago #407

This new command works like a charm. I am using chessbase to find and add moves to my repertoire. As time goes on, I do retire some lines, and add some new lines. Due to transpositions, the effect may be that I have more than one repertoire move in the same position, without knowing it.

I periodically import all chessbase repertoire moves into chess position trainer. I think chess position trainer is a lot better for training these moves. I have actually fully stopped using chessbase to train repertoire.

This new command (find multiple moves or ">1 candidate move" as it is called) adds something even more important: It adds the possibility to assure all moves in my repertoire are unique (or that I intentionally have multiple moves in the same position).

--- Mats ---
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

The new ">1 candidate move" ability to sweep all positions 6 Jahre 11 Monate ago #757

Chessbase 14 now has a simular Train Reportoire function. How do you find that one to use rather than CPT?

The new ">1 candidate move" ability to sweep all positions 6 Jahre 11 Monate ago #758

Really?? I've had CB 14 since day 1 and have never seen it. Please clue me in! :cheer:

Now, you don't mean that relatively lame function where you can view a game via: Notation, Reference, Table, Training...etc?

And exactly where is Mat's ">1 candidate move"
I can find no reference to it beyond his post. :(
Letzte Änderung: 6 Jahre 11 Monate ago von leavenfish.

The new ">1 candidate move" ability to sweep all positions 6 Jahre 11 Monate ago #760

Maybe it aint in the Chessbase 14 program but in Chessbase Account
Now one can add a White and Black repertoire (the pgn-files ends up in some map)
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5MbLG6HKjg
youtube.com/watch?v=EhtyqGkp7cY
Chessbase Account
openings.chessbase.com
Yes I tested to add more than one candidate moves (I tryed as White repertoire 1.d3 and 1.e4 and also 1.e4 c5 2.b4 and 2.Nf3) and after I do the moves in "Drill As White" it says Played until end of preparation, excellent! But of course CB14 doesnt have any Spaced Repetition and many other functions like at end of repertoire moves it doesnt start over and spit out new moves (for ex after 2.b4 in the Sicilian the training stops).

:-) ?

[Levenfish: Maybe you can answer my question in other post here on forum now that we are online at the same time (the question of Bookup)]

The new ">1 candidate move" ability to sweep all positions 6 Jahre 9 Monate ago #785

leavenfish schrieb:
And exactly where is Mat's ">1 candidate move"
I can find no reference to it beyond his post. :(

It is covered in the manual under section 5.2 Navigation. In the ribbon group "Navigation" you can find a dropdown box above the blue double arrows for moving forward / backward. By default "Branch" is selected. That means you go to the next / previous branch. If you select ">1 candidate move" you will navigate to the next / previous position where more than one candidate move exists for your side.

I implemented this function when I needed it to edit just imported PGN files (e.g. from Everyman Chess) and making sure the right move is the first candidate move as the author sometimes offers more than one candidate move for the players side. There is also a overlay tip shown after importing a PGN file recommending to use the function.
Time to create page: 0.460 seconds