Willkommen, Gast
Username: Password: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Feature Request: Opening Database + New Training Features

Feature Request: Opening Database + New Training Features 7 Jahre 5 Monate ago #545

I'm not entirely sure how high up on the priority list an Opening Database is on Stefan's "to do list", but I wanted to start a topic discussion for this idea. I think it is a major problem that there is no Opening Database in CPT as this would allow you to check with your Opening Database when making your repertoire, but also allow some different training features. I know you could just use a different program such as ChessBase or SCID but it is a lot more convenient to say in one program without having to switch between programs.

For the Opening Database, I wanted to know if it is possible to edit it by changing how many moves there would be in the database, similar to what ChessBase offers. Additionally, would it be possible to add moves or delete moves one by one in the opening database. I know in SCID vs PC there is a feature for this but I don't think there is one in ChessBase.

Also, I wanted to know if there could be an opening live book as well, which I know ChessBase also offers. If not that would still be fine since there is already an opening database.

Also, it would be possible to create a training mode similar to what Lucas Chess does that tests you on the Opening Database by 1) either testing you on the most common percentage of moves played or 2) randomly testing you on the opening database?

Finally, I don't know if this can be done, but is it somehow possible to have the name of the opening pop-up and then be tested on it from your opening database? For instance, the trainer would say "play the Spanish Game, Alapin Defense ECO 60", and the trainer would test you on this by you having to play the moves for both sides until you reach the position, "Spanish Game, Alapin Defense." If you get the moves incorrect anywhere, then you would be forced to replay until you get the moves correct to reach the name of the opening desired. This would be a good way to remember the moves and name of any opening through a flashcard concept.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Feature Request: Opening Database + New Training Features 7 Jahre 5 Monate ago #547

fischer2008 schrieb:
I'm not entirely sure how high up on the priority list an Opening Database is on Stefan's "to do list", but I wanted to start a topic discussion for this idea. I think it is a major problem that there is no Opening Database in CPT as this would allow you to check with your Opening Database when making your repertoire...quote]

I do hope you DO NOT THINK I am out to criticize much of what you suggest - such as this 'on the fly database' thing you propose...I do not mean to, just like the core functionality of CPT. But I don't really see this as some "major problem".

CPT does what it was designed for REALLY well - train repertoires.

I have Chessbase (even splurged for the recent upgrade) and much of what they do is just 'bells and whistles'...and it is so large and bloated that they have to issue a patch ever few weeks. I think Stephan has his own vision (a good one!) and is open to suggestions...but I personally hope he never gets to that point with CPT or strays too far from what he has created.
Letzte Änderung: 7 Jahre 5 Monate ago von leavenfish.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
Time to create page: 0.520 seconds