Willkommen, Gast
Username: Password: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Feature Requests to Help Understand Moves Instead of Just Memorizing

Feature Requests to Help Understand 7 Jahre 1 Monat ago #746

leavenfish schrieb:
CPT isn't to 'learn chess'. It is to train...generally openings, but you can load endgames and practice them.

Good point!

One area I'd like to work on is aligning my openings with center structures (open, closed, dynamic, etc....) for generalized study and training. Topics appears to have a fantastic potential to organize this but I haven't quite got a handle on just how to work with the Topics capability on CPT.

Is anybody actually using Topics? If so, how is it working?
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Feature Requests to Help Understand 7 Jahre 1 Monat ago #747

An item I keep forgetting which to do with editing your repertoire from within CPT:
POSITION EXPLORER: Perhaps I am trying to use it wrong but... To me, this is a poor substitute for the traditional 'TABLE' layout one is use to = think ECO's or the Table View in Chessbase. To see all the lines revolving around a given position, you have to go in and hit buttons to expand the view...not fun.
With Chessbase for example, you can make the window large enough that you can VISUALLY look at it and find transpositions between say 3...d6 and 5...d6 in a Kings Indian. I would like for CPT to make it easier for the user to spot and add transpositions. It's a MINOR gripe. I just wish one could see large chunks of moves before and after the current position so one could better see how to get to 'y' from 'W' than is currently the case. ECO style 'tables' would be nice and I would think easy to do.

Feature Requests to Help Understand 7 Jahre 1 Monat ago #749

One feature from Chess Opening Wizard is the ability to show all lines leading to a positon.

This is most useful in a games rather than repertoire database as you will be crossing opening lines. Nevertheless, very useful in working out transpositions and move orders.

Feature Requests to Help Understand 7 Jahre 1 Monat ago #751

Yes, exactly, that's what I am getting at. Something similar. However...COW is what BookUp was and I tried that years ago.

Feature Requests to Help Understand 7 Jahre 6 Tage ago #759

"CPT compared to Chess Opening Wizard/Bookup. Both programs are basically the same thing"

I have bought CPT but had not have the time to create my opening repertoire yet. Now Im in this forum find out that Bookup is now updated Reading on bookup.com but I aint get the diffrence with the two programs. Correct me in these statements as its my understanding

1. Bookup sells e-book (pgn-files?) that only works with Bookup?
2. Bookup and CPT can use any e-book (pgn-file?) for remembering openings?
3. CPT has Spaced Repetition as main function and that one Bookup lacks?

Its hard for me to get my head around the diffrence with the two programs so pls inform me.

Feature Requests to Help Understand 7 Jahre 6 Tage ago #761

Tabiyas schrieb:
"CPT compared to Chess Opening Wizard/Bookup. Both programs are basically the same thing"

I have bought CPT but had not have the time to create my opening repertoire yet. Now Im in this forum find out that Bookup is now updated Reading on bookup.com but I aint get the diffrence with the two programs. Correct me in these statements as its my understanding

1. Bookup sells e-book (pgn-files?) that only works with Bookup?
2. Bookup and CPT can use any e-book (pgn-file?) for remembering openings?
3. CPT has Spaced Repetition as main function and that one Bookup lacks?

Its hard for me to get my head around the diffrence with the two programs so pls inform me.

The programs are similar. Both programs can import pgn games which can then be edited to form a "quick start" repertoire.

Although Bookup is selling e-books, you can achieve the same end with CPT and a collection of annotated games such as those available on chesspublishing.com with more flexibility and regularly updated games and analysis.

My only advice is to choose one and stick with it. Too much work and time to migrate between programs.
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds